This was a family favorite in my house growing up, and as an adult, has consistently eclipsed all other recipes I’ve tried. Most banana breads are very much alike – good flavor but veering into the dry side if the baker isn’t careful. Not this one. Including chocolate chips has become mandatory in our household; nuts not so much although I do use them from time to time. Both are optional here (use the chocolate chips- trust me!)
If you like your banana bread dense and moist, this is the recipe for you.
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup or so semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbl. melted butter
- Mix the following: 3 Bananas, well-mashed; 2 eggs together in a large bowl
- Add: The flour, sugar, salt & baking soda and mix on medium until well combined.
- Add: the nuts if you decided to use them, and the chocolate chips as well as the melted butter. Mix well.
- Pour into buttered 9 x 5 loaf pan and bake one hour at 350 degrees.
Try it; if you’re like my family this will become the only banana bread recipe you use. Let me know what you think!